Monday, February 18, 2008

Announcement

Dear friends, family, friends of family, and people who found this in a google search,
For the first time I write on behalf of not just myself, but a very important person who is quite dear to me. I am happy to announce, and with good reason, that I, Peter J. Bodurtha, and she, Julie M. Grazier are engaged to be married! For a visual explanation of how such a thing could occur given my residence in Russia, see the photograph below:


The Bodurtha-Grazier Engagement One Act Play

Cast of Characters:

Peter - Peter J. Bodurtha
A lovelorn boy from the Russian wilderness
Packaging - Matroshka Doll
A richly decorated girl with a many-layered personality
Package - Diamond Ring (resting upon small Matroshka doll)
A delicate hanger-on easily manipulated into clandestine international schemes
Informant - David Varvel
Gregarious, absent-minded shopkeeper from the Middle of Nowhere, Nebraska
Courier - Lindsey Kaye
Willing accomplice to the informant, a slippery customer
Deliverer - Kieran Dwyer
Bookish laddy with hidden gift-wrapping talents
Gate Keeper - Beth Marquette
Well organized sister to Julie
Key Master - Joel Marquette
Bumbling side-kick to the Gate Keeper
Julie - Julie M. Grazier
American city girl with a heart of pure color.


The scene opens with Julie sitting on her bed holding a extravagantly wrapped box.

[Julie opens box and Packaging]

Peter: ?

Julie: !

4 comments:

Jil. LO said...

Congratulations! You make a wonderful couple!

Unknown said...

It's about time for an announcement on the blog! That picture is TOO cute. We love you guys.

Sharon Holmgren said...

Congratulaions!! I was able to see the beautiful ring this morning.
Praying for you,
Ken and Sharon

Laura ORANGE said...

Peter... I'm excited that you are going to join the family. Congratulations!!