I do believe that it has been a month since my last post! Seeing as it has indeed been that long, I will write a post right now.
Part of the reason for my delinquency is the beginning of the 13th annual English Friendship Language Camp which EEMN (Eastern European Mission Network) and Lyceum #1 put on every year after school gets out. Students are invited to spend a week learning English with real Americans whilst using the Bible as a linguistic study tool. The camp began last Monday and I can say that I am entirely worn out! It turned out that this past week I was in charge of doing music and I have never danced and jumped up and down so much while holding a guitar in my entire life (those of you who know my from my Isle of Lucy days will understand what I feat that is). As I spent most of the evenings this week involved at You Are Special or other events, I usually did not arrive home until 9 or 10 pm after leaving in the morning at 7:15am. That's a long day. As I did not ask for a specific prayer request for me for this past week, if any of you felt a special call to pray for me during this time - now you know why! I really feel like I was given superhuman strength to make it through the day - I never even really got sleepy-tired (though my legs complained from the jumping and dancing).
Specifically, now, pray that this second week of language camp will go well. Then, please pray for Julie's arrival in St. Petersburg next Saturday. It is very important that the trip does not have any significant problems or delays and we also would love for it to be a stressless time.
I thank you for all your prayers to date and I look forward to seeing you all soon. It is difficult to get my head around the idea that I will see many of you in only about three weeks. Three weeks after nine months of being away seems like such a short time. I will miss Russia but despite my new friendship with the concrete jungle, I have left a much older one at home, one which I very much look forward to reengaging.
The following photo will make it seem like it's warm here. It's not. I wore my peacoat yesterday and I was cold. This is Blagayav Yest church a few weeks ago.
Sincerely,
Peter.
No comments:
Post a Comment